MANAGEMENT (Management; Management of small and medium enterprises)
These study programs will cover the scientific field of management the first cycle of academic studies and will last for four years (240 ECTS), the second cycle (master’s studies) of academic studies will last for a year with 60 ECTS and the third cycle (doctoral studies) of academic studies will last for three years (180 ECTS).
A student who defends a thesis after passing all the exams provided by the curriculum for eight semesters, receives a certificate of completion of the academic program with 240 ECTS credits, and becomes a Bachelor of Management, with the indicated module – 240 ECTS.
A student who defends a master’s thesis after passing all the exams provided by the curriculum for two semesters, receives a certificate of completion of the study program with 60 ECTS credits, and becomes a Master of Management, with the indicated module – 60 ECTS.
A student who defends a doctoral dissertation after passing all the exams provided by the curriculum for six semesters, receives a certificate of completion of the study program with 180 ECTS credits, namely a Doctor of Philosophy in Management – 180 ECTS.
The aim of the study program is primarily to prepare experts for the fastest and most successful involvement in the practice of management. Teaching is performed by professional staff with the use of the most modern teaching methods: interactive lectures and exercises, working on computers, modern literature and seminars.
The goals of the academic program of MANAGEMENT are aimed at students and include:
- Acquisition of basic knowledge from disciplines that enable understanding and facilitate communication in general and communication with other professions and affirms the multidisciplinarity of working teams, to which the Bachelor of Management will be referred in a workplace.
- Acquisition of the necessary knowledge of information technology and computer skills in order to master the basic software packages used in general and business usage of computers.
- Mastering basic analytical techniques, processing and presentation of results and analysis in management and business, finance, trade, marketing.
- Training for fast and efficient involvement of graduates in the business process and efficient professional engagement in the workplace.
- Developing the self-confidence and assurance of graduates in their knowledge and skills, and the ability for a critical and self-critical approach in thinking.
- Developing awareness of the need for continuity in education and training throughout the professional career of graduates.
- Building professional ethics and responsibilities at work.
- High level of quality of the teaching process in management, marketing, finance, trade.
The study program of MANAGEMENT contains elements determined by law, whose focus is on the excellent preparation of graduates for inclusion in the work process.
When designing the academic program of management, the most modern knowledge from the profession and science in the subject area was taken into account, as well as the experiences of other higher education institutions in the countries with the most advanced school systems and in the countries of the former Yugoslavia in which the Bologna Process was accepted as the standard one.
Appropriate subjects are included in this study program, the methodology of general education, professional, and especially professional-applied subjects is developed through carefully selected auditory exercises, preparation of seminar papers, critical analysis and comparison of cases from practice, etc. Thereby, the teaching process is based on understandably presented material and modern teaching aids available to the student: computers, the latest literature and direct contact with teachers and associates. Students make a valuable direct contact with the business process through practical classes in business organizations. The teaching process completes by enriching students with important practical knowledge and experience.
Teaching in the academic program consists of lectures, auditory exercises, practical exercises, seminar papers, presentations, consultations, etc., which depends on the subject itself, the nature of its goals and expected outcomes.
The study program of Management has a clearly defined purpose and role in the education system of Brcko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and refers to the integration of the University into the higher education system of Brcko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the European educational area, with continuous improvement of all elements of study program quality and contribution to the overall development of society.