MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (Production Mechanical Engineering, Motor Vehicles and Engines)
These study programs will cover the technical scientific field in Mechanical Engineering, the first cycle of academic studies and will last for four years (240 ECTS), the second cycle (master’s degree) for one year (60 ECTS) and the third cycle (doctoral studies) will last for three years (180 ECTS).
A student who defends a thesis after passing all the subjects provided by the curriculum for eight semesters receives a certificate of completion of the study program with 240 ECTS credits, and becomes a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering based on selected elective courses in the selected module – 240 ECTS.
A student who defends a master’s thesis after passing all the subjects provided by the curriculum for two semesters receives a certificate of completion of the study program with 60 ECTS credits, namely a Master in Mechanical Engineering – 60 ECTS.
A student who defends a doctoral dissertation after passing all the subjects provided by the curriculum for six semesters receives a certificate of completion of the study program with 180 ECTS credits, namely a Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering – 180 ECTS.
Upon a completion of academic studies in the study program Mechanical Engineering, the student acquires general abilities and subject-specific abilities.
General abilities consist of the following:
- acquired knowledge and skills after graduation – the student is able to express themselves through in-depth knowledge, understanding and professional skills in selected professional areas of specialization, which are based on knowledge and skills acquired in basic academic studies;
- acquired knowledge is able to apply in depth and to show understanding and skills in solving problems in a partially new or unknown environment in relation to the field of study;
- acquired knowledge and skills is able to apply in a teamwork for solving complex problems in the profession;
- is able to effectively monitor and adopt innovations in the field of specialization and to clearly and unambiguously communicate their conclusions, knowledge and conclusion procedures to the professional and general public.
Subject-specific skills consist of the following:
- qualifications for the following jobs: manual programming of CNC machining systems; programming and simulation of machining by cutting on CNC machining systems using the SolidCam program; transfer of the CNC machine program generated in SolidCam to the memory of the control unit of the industrial CNC machine tool; 3D designing of machine parts and assemblies and generation of technical documentation using the software package SolidWorks, etc.
- qualifications for the following jobs: installation of equipment and installations in the field of thermotechnics, process technology and gas technology; maintenance of plant and equipment in a wide range of thermotechnical installations and process plants; installation and maintenance of measuring and regulating equipment; preparation of accompanying projects for the execution of works on the adjustment of installations and equipment, etc.